The Parish Finance Council is to:
- Assist the pastor in establishing and monitoring the proper handling of all parish income and expenditures, following Archdiocesan accounting guidelines.
- Assist the pastor in the preparation of the parish budget according to priorities (policies) established by the pastor and Parish Pastoral Council.
- Advise the pastor about suitable investment programs for parish surplus funds.
- Review the Parish Financial Records quarterly.
- Review and send the Annual Financial Report to the Parish Pastoral Council for approval before sending it to the Archdiocesan Business Office.
Members of the Finance Council are appointed by the pastor. If you believe in and practice stewardship, have been gifted with knowledge of finance, and feel you would be an asset to the parish and pastor, please make this known to the pastor or indicate your desire to serve on the annual Time and Talent card during Stewardship Month.
Canon 537 – “Each parish is to have a finance council which is regulated by universal law as well as by norms issued by the diocesan bishop; in this council the Christian faithful, selected according to the same norms, aid the pastor in the administration of parish goods with due regard for the prescription of Canon. 532.”
N.B. The Finance Council exists as a separate entity from the Parish Pastoral Council and is not a committee of the Pastoral Council.